So, How Can I Prevent Nail Fungus?
The best approach to nail fungus it to try and prevent it in the first place. There is no perfect regiment for preventing nail fungus and some of the factors above that contribute to an infection are unavoidable. Inevitably, we all get older and become more likely to deal with our first bout of nail fungus. However, we have plenty of time to practice some of these simple tips to prevent our first case.
- Cut your nails short, frequently.
- Wash your hands and feet daily with an antibacterial soap. Be sure to scrub underneath the nails to the best of your ability.
- Invest in a fresh pair of shoes as often as needed and lean towards socks made from 100% cottons. Pick up a cheap pair of flip flops for the next time you visit the beach or the public swimming pool.
- Thoroughly dry your hands, fingers, feet, and toes with a clean towel or blow drier. When visiting a public bathroom that has an air blower revert to that method for drying your hands followed by a quick paper towel dry to ensure dryness.
- If you have athlete’s foot be especially weary of the risk you run of spreading the infection to the toenail. Begin treatment immediately, and regularly change your socks each day.
- If you have particularly sweaty palms or feet you may have hyperhidrosis, a condition where your hands and feet sweat unpredictably at an abnormal rate. Refer to a powder that keeps feet and hands dry to treat.
- Carefully select your next spa or salon location for a manicure or pedicure. If you notice the nail technician fails to properly sanitize the foot bath or metal instruments used between clients get up and leave. Refer to popular review sites like Yelp to research a reputable nail salon that takes their client’s personal safety into consideration.
I Have Nail Fungus, Now What?
Even after following all of the steps in this guide, sometimes getting nail fungus is inevitable due to certain factors like aging and the increased likelihood due to a weakening immune system or a medical condition like diabetes. Don’t fret, nail fungus is treatable and there are number of methods available to you. By closely following the steps in our Treatment Guide you can start fighting off your fungal infection today. Refer to our Product Guide for the latest reviews of nail fungus products and comments from users like you. Please refer back to this website and review any nail fungus product you have had success with.
Selecting a product to treat nail fungus plays a major role in treatment. Be sure to use a product that contains a formula with the right combination of active ingredients.